“You Know You’re About to Become a Senior Citizen When …” a little humor! This bit of humor comes to us from the book “The Treasury of Clean Seniors’ Jokes” by Tal D. Bonham and Jack Gulledge. This book is in honor of my family, especially my sisters, and in memory of my late brother-in-law, Dan, who was a kind man with a great sense of humor.
“You know you’re about to become a senior citizen when …
- The grandkids come home and tell you about what they learned in history, and you remember studying about the same subjects in current events class.
- You decide procrastination is the best approach to life but you never get around to it.
- You walk with your head held high because you are trying to get used to your bifocals.
- You look forward to a dull evening.
- Your knees buckle but your belt won’t.
- Burning the midnight oil means staying up past 9 P.M.
- Your back goes out more than you do.
- You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
- You bend over to tie your shoes and look around to see if there’s something else you can do while you are down there.
- You sit in a rocking chair and you can’t get it going.