- Day 35 of 100 prophecies – Jesus is a shepherd who takes care of his sheep
Jesus is still a shepherd who takes care of His sheep.
- Is. 40:10-11 – See, the Lord God comes with might, and his arm rules for him; his reward is with him, and his recompense before him. 11 He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms, and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead the mother sheep.
- John 10:11 – “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
- Heb. 13:20 – Now may the God of peace, who brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,
- 1 Pet. 2:25 – For you were going astray like sheep, but now you have returned to the shepherd and guardian of your souls.
Month: May 2019
Is. 40:3-5 – A voice cries out: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 4 Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. 5 Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
- Mat. 3:3 – This is the one of whom the prophet Isaiah spoke when he said, “The voice of one crying out in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.’”
- Mark 1:3 – the voice of one crying out in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight,’”
- Luke 3:3-5 – the voice of one crying out in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
make his paths straight,’”
- John 1:23 – He said, “I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make straight the way of the Lord,’” as the prophet Isaiah said.
Two new resources for you – 50 ways to deal with anxiety, and new link
This is from the Facebook page for ForLikeMinds. The website is www.forlikeminds.com
“Asset out of containment!”
Recently Karen and I watched one of the Jurrasic Park movies on TV. In this particular scene, the dinosaur had gotten out of their area and had even removed the tracker placed in his body. He was not where he was supposed to be or where they expected or needed him to be. He was out of containment.
Similarly, Christians can get out of where God wants, needs, and expects them to be. They are away from the sheep, away from the shepherd, and putting themselves at great risk from attack by the enemy. How they got there is a topic for a later post. For now, let’s just look at what it means to be in the wrong place and away from the Good Shepherd.
Jesus is calling for His sheep, His “assets”, His people. He is calling for us to follow Him, to hear His voice, respond to His leading. They (we) need Jesus but we can’t hear Him. We are too far away. We have wandered from close fellowship with Him. They, again we, are doing our own thing, proud, self-sufficient, in charge of our own destiny (or so we think.) We think we are the masters of our territory and we enjoy the freedom from having to follow all those instructions from the Shepherd. But we don’t like the wolves or the thieves that come to rob us of our joy and protection under the watchful eye of the Shepherd of our souls.
So what is a sheep to do? Turn around. Look at Jesus. Listen to Him. Walk towards Him. Maybe run towards Him. He is the Good Shepherd, who lays down His life for the Sheep. That’s you. That’s me. That’s us. And that is Jesus, our loving, kind, generous Savior, rescuer, redeemer, and friend.
Gentle Shepherd, come and feed us, lead us, protect us, and surround us with Your arms of love.
Day 33 of 100 prophecies fulfilled by Jesus – healer, savior, does miracles. Jesus did and still performs miracles!
Is. 35:4-6 – Say to those who are of a fearful heart, “Be strong, do not fear! Here is your God. He will come with vengeance, with terrible recompense. He will come and save you.” 5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the speechless sing for joy. For waters shall break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert;
- Mat. 9:30 – And their eyes were opened. Then Jesus sternly ordered them, “See that no one knows of this.”
- 11:4-6 – 4 Jesus answered them, “Go and tell John what you hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news brought to them. 6 And blessed is anyone who takes no offense at me.”
- 12:22 – Then they brought to him a demoniac who was blind and mute, and he cured him so that the one who had been mute could speak and see.
- 20:34 – Moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes. Immediately they regained their sight and followed him.
- 21:14 – The blind and the lame came to him in the temple, and he cured them.
- Mark 7:32-35 – They brought to him a deaf man who had an impediment in his speech, and they begged him to lay his hand on him. 33 He took him aside in private, away from the crowd, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spat and touched his tongue. 34 Then looking up to heaven, he sighed and said to him, “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.” 35 And immediately his ears were opened, his tongue was released, and he spoke plainly.
- John 9:1-7 – As he walked along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned; he was born blind so that God’s works might be revealed in him. 4 We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” 6 When he had said this, he spat on the ground and made mud with the saliva and spread the mud on the man’s eyes, 7 saying to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). Then he went and washed and came back able to see.
Day 32 of 100 prophecies – Upon His coming, the deaf hear and the blind see.
Is. 29:18 – On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.
- Is. 35:5 – Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped;
- Mat. 11:5 – the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the poor have good news brought to them.
- Mark 7:37 – They were astounded beyond measure, saying, “He has done everything well; he even makes the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.”John 9:39 – Jesus said, “I came into this world for judgment so that those who do not see may see, and those who do see may become blind.”
- Day 31 of 100 prophecies – The Spirit of the Lord rests upon Him.
10 scriptures that show how this prophecy was fulfilled by Jesus.
Is. 11:2 – The spirit of the Lord shall rest on him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding,
the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
- Is. 42:1 – Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights;
I have put my spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.
- Is. 61:1-2 – The spirit of the Lord God is upon me because the Lord has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
- Mat. 3:16 – And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.
- Mark 1:10 – And just as he was coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens torn apart and the Spirit descending like a dove on him.
Luke 3:22 – and the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased.”
- Luke 4:18 – “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free,
- John 1:32 – And John testified, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him.John 3:34 – He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure.
- Acts 10:38 – 8 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power; how he went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
Day 30 of 100 prophecies fulfilled by Jesus – government on his shoulders.
Is. 9:6 – For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Mat. 28:18 – And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
1 Cor. 15:24-25 – Then comes the end, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed every ruler and every authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
Promises of God
Today I am rejoicing in my dreams fulfilled. They are promises of God that He made me from the Bible and in my prayers. I would like to list some of the ones I am seeing today. God is not done with me yet, I do not believe He is done with anyone until they die. But, what I see today has me on fire for Him! Let’s see if I can help any of you catch the same fire.
Exodus 14:14 New Living Translation (NLT)
14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.
I cannot say I stayed calm most of my life. But, the Lord has fought for me. The change in my husband is beyond anything anyone could have done. The old husband is long gone. He focuses on me, and no longer is he looking at those ladies on the internet. He is taking responsibility for us as his family by looking for a home on his own. He is the one who calls me every day to study the Bible together. He has become a true man of God that I asked for years ago!
Promises of God
Isaiah 40:29 New Living Translation (NLT)
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
As I sit here I am weak. I can’t even barely walk, I am not known to people in my neighborhood. Even in Life Church I am pretty low on the totem pole. But, with His power, His words I have His strength to touch people through this site. I have His strength to raise 3 wonderful kids to adult hood and one on his way. I have His strength to help others on the internet, and to endure all the trials that are around me now.
Isaiah 41:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
I am no longer afraid. He brought me through so much in my life I know He will again. No, things are not easy, I still struggle. But, I look at everything in my past. I see how God provided homes, food, and safety for my kids. Those memories help me to trust this promise. I am not afraid of not living with my husband again, or not getting healthy. God gave me a home in three days once. If He can do that, He can open doors to my health and to a new home!
Isaiah 43:2 New Living Translation (NLT)
When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.
Take a look at my stories under the category My Testimony. He truly was with me through deep waters, rivers of difficulty, and fires of oppression. No matter what I did, or anyone else did, we survived and thrived. I do not see how I could have done any of it without His help.
These are just a few of the promises I can list and see examples in my own life. Could you do the same? What God has put on my heart is to color my Bible and journal in color. I will be coloring His promises in the Bible and listing where I see that promise in my journal. I am doing this so that I can properly thank Him for each and every fulfilled promise. If you are struggling to see your dreams fulfilled, where the open doors are or how to live for God maybe this is for you. Talk to God, listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit and see if He wants you to journal His promises in your life. I am alive today all because of God’s faithfulness to His promises.
Promises of God Outside Sources
2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen …New International Version But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. New Living Translation But the Lord is faithful; he …
15 Bible Verses on God’s Faithfulness | Grace Love LifeFeb 26, 2017 … Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love …
2 Thessalonians 3:3 NIV – But the Lord is faithful, and he will – Bible …But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 – But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen …Read 2 Thessalonians 3 using all available Bible versions. But the Lord is faithful , and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
21 Bible Verses on God’s FaithfulnessMar 12, 2013 … Psalms 86:15 “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” …
Faithfulness of GodDeuteronomy 7:9 says “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithfulGod, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those …
49 Bible verses about God, Faithfulness OfThe LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
What Does the Bible Say About Gods Faithfulness?Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, …
Is God Faithful?When we say God is faithful it means He is totally trustworthy – He is perfectly faithful. The prophet Isaiah wrote. O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and …
The Lord Is Faithful Rollerball PenColorful pens with the scripture The Lord is Faithful Psalm 145:13 on the cap. Long Lasting German Tips Smooth Writing.
Day 29 of 100 prophecies fulfilled by Jesus – His ministry in three places – Zebulun, Naphtali, and Galilee
- Is. 9:1-2 But there will be no gloom for those who were in anguish. In the former time he brought into contempt the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the latter time he will make glorious the way of the sea, the land beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the nations. 2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who lived in a land of deep darkness—on them light has shined.
Mat. 4:12-16 – Now when Jesus[a] heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew to Galilee. 13 He left Nazareth and made his home in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, 14 so that what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
15 “Land of Zebulun, land of Naphtali, on the road by the sea, across the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles—
16 the people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death light has dawned.”